Monday 5 November 2012

Review - REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

After periods of debauched partying or glutinous feasting on naughty processed foods, our skin looks rather pitiful and yearns for a boost.

Well, my skin can yearn no more as I have discovered a radiance-evoking face mask known as the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask from the natural beauty gurus at REN.

I have always been rather sceptical about face masks. They would either break me out in traumatising acne spots or just make no ruddy difference to my skin whatsoever.

So I gave up. Focused on giving my face a good scrub with a hearty organic facial scrub containing rosehip seeds or some other kind of earthy, grainy ingredient.

Then I came across this skin-plumping bad boy.

REN's renowned face mask has the texture of apricot jam. It is delightfully orange and sticky and smells like plump, juicy apricots that have been grown on an idyllic farm somewhere like Shropshire or Somerset (organic of course...)

The product is described by REN as;

'A potent bio active peel mask designed to renew the complexion, reduce the appearance of fine lines and dramatically improve skin tone'







As is the case with the whole of the REN range, this product is free from toxic chemicals such as parabens, petrochemicals, DEA and silicones.

I was excited to discover that the mask contains natural fruit acids and Papain, which is derived from Papaya and stimulates cell turnover, encouraging a fresh new layer of happy, gleaming skin.

Who needs microdermabraision or scary skin peels ay?

Some may be put off by the sticky texture, but I rather liked the childlike messiness of it all as I smeared it over my thoroughly cleansed face.

There is a slight tingling feeling which may also alarm certain paranoid, sensitive faced-folk, but I also rather liked this as I felt as though something exciting and technical was actually happening in my epidermis.

The Result: After 10 minutes, I washed off the gloopy, fruity goodness and smirked with merriment at my much brighter, plumped-up complexion.

Oh the joy!




No comments:

Post a Comment