Follow by Email

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Review: The Little Yellow Door

Attention all foodies and hip hop adoring pleasure seekers…
The West London food and party institution that is The Little Yellow Door has recently announced the six month renewal of their lease.
Founded in October 2014, this kitsch, hedonistic haven in hip Notting Hill is based on a fun, fictional flat share and hosts weekly ‘house parties’ and supper clubs brimming with the kind of friendly, frolicsome folk you could easily see yourself becoming bosom buddies with. In fact, the merry motto of this pleasing pop up, which conveniently takes Whatsapp bookings, is, “visiting The Little Yellow Door, you may arrive with three friends and leave with ten…”
For years, Londoners sick of generic nights on the town, with a craving for ‘something a bit different,’ have frequented their infamous house parties, retro gaming nights, kitchen suppers, Thursday takeovers, indoor gardens and exciting supper clubs with the cheeky Wandering Chef.

To celebrate the happy arrival of The Little Yellow Door’s latest USA hailing ‘flatmate,’ Hank, The Wandering Chef has revamped the Friday night supper club’s menu and will be cooking up a lip-smacking, belly-rubbing, taste bud titillating, all-American feast – to be vacuumed up by excitable guests as they take part in jubilant house party-esque games before tables are cleared to make way for copious amounts of jigging to some seriously sexy hip hop.


I had to get involved...
When I arrived, I was welcomed by a gaggle of gorgeous, happy people and served delicious dishes including soft Savoury Donuts with Sweet Shrimp, Cajun Crab Remoulade smothered in Pickled Chilli, New England Clam Chowder with Shrimp and Corn, followed by heaving boards of Pulled Beef Shin, Buffalo Wings, Smoked Sausage and Burnt Ends. These heavenly offerings were served with a sassy selection of sides such as Pickled Chilli and Kraut Slaw, Potato and Bacon Salad, and the creamiest, most addictive Mac ‘n’ Cheese I have ever tried in my life – and I don’t joke about Mac ‘n’ Cheese. Hell no.

Before I got ready to party on the freshly cleared dance floor, I came face to face with the magnificent puddings which were hovering about naughtily – particularly the seemingly innocent looking but exceedingly scandalous Oreo, Banana and Bourbon Hard Shakes and the raspberry topped Malt Cream Brownies.
The Little Yellow Door also hosts laid back Wednesday and Thursday night dinners and Saturday night house parties featuring a menu inspired by “the weird and wonderful characters you find at a party and, more importantly, their bizarre eating habits.”
I adore The Little Yellow Door and its quirky ways. Go with an open mind, your most entertaining friends and an empty tum.

 The Little Yellow Door, 68 Notting Hill Gate, W11 3HT 

This article was originally published in The Metropolist 

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, Effective powerful love spell to get your ex lover back now.
    I'm so excited of getting my husband back after he left me and our 3 kids for another woman.
    After 2 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
    you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
    his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com ,
    Jessica, 26 years, Texas, USA .

    ReplyDelete