Wednesday 13 August 2014

My ultimate top three natural facial oils


As the warmer weather plays havoc with my complexion, I choose to lavishly slather on a deeply-nourishing facial oil at night to infuse my skin with age-defying, natural goodness. After long days basking in the sun (I’m a bit of a sun basker me), I also massage in a night cream on top to lock in moisture for an extra skin-quenching boost.
After sampling a ridiculous number of facial oils from a variety of well-known (and not so well-known) brands, I’ve finally decided on my top three…






With an ingredients list that reads like a who’s who of skin-perfecting organic oils, including jojoba, almond and avocado, this product certainly means business. Certified 100% natural and 99.7% organic by ECOCERT, this skin-reviving facial oil smells like a thousand rose petals and sinks in effortlessly, without a greasy residue.  Containing one of the world’s most precious essential oils – rose otto - known for its superb anti-ageing properties, this wonder product effectively revitalises sorry skins traumatised from the drying effects of the sun. My skin looked smooth, glowing and clear when I woke from my blissfully aromatic slumber.
£31.50 for 30ml 






Ethical skincare brand Liz Earle are not only creators of incredibly effective natural skincare products, they are also certified cruelty-free by the BUAV (the British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection).  It only takes a few clicks on Google and a read of all the rave reviews to see that their award-winning Superskin Concentrate truly is a cult product that delivers serious results. Best massaged in at night, this skin-plumping, evocatively-scented oil contains an anti-ageing  powerhouse of active natural ingredients including organic rosehip oil, Moroccan argan oil, neroli and natural vitamin E.
£40.50 for 28ml 





I have shamelessly bleated on about this skin-transforming bad boy of the facial oil world many times on this blog. The truth is, this silky-smooth, 100% organic argan oil makes my skin glow with the kind of healthy plumpness one usually only experiences after a hearty holistic facial at a ludicrously wholesome spa. Ethically sourced from a women’s co-operative in Morocco, this luxurious skincare product is naturally rich in vitamin E and antioxidants - essential for fighting free radical damage. I love using it under my SPF for an extra anti-ageing boost.
£25 for 50ml 



No comments:

Post a Comment